Detailed Product Description
SAE 10W-30 is suitable for use in many older vehicles and a few late model cars and trucks, often those with larger 6-cylinder and V-8 and/or high performance engines. SAE 10W-30 is also designated as a Resource Conserving lubricant by API.
Chevron Supreme Motor Oils deliver value through:
- Excellent antiwear protection
- Protection against thermal breakdown
- Clean engines and positive crankcase ventilation systems resulting in minimal deposits under heavy load and stop-and-go driving conditions.
- Meets or exceeds warranty requirements of car and light truck manufacturers relying on an API SN, SM, SL or SJ service category motor oil.
- Energy Savings — API Resource Conserving designation for SAE 5W-20, 5W-30 and 10W-30 grades
Chevron Supreme Motor Oils are premium quality automotive engine oils.
All grades are formulated with high quality base stocks, and robust additive packages including shear-stable viscosity index improvers, detergents, dispersants, anti-wear agents, corrosion inhibitors, antioxidants and foam inhibitors.
Their anti-wear additives provide excellent wear protection of critical engine parts.
A high level of dispersancy in Chevron Supreme Motor Oils protects against deposit and sludge formation in stop-and-go driving, sustained high temperature operation, and protects against corrosion.
Their excellent high temperature oxidation stability helps prevent viscosity increase and oil gelling in the crankcase. They help keep PCV systems clean to maintain smooth engine performance.
Chevron Supreme Motor Oils are suitable for use in four-stroke gasoline engines used in passenger cars, light trucks, powerboats, motorcycles, and other mobile and stationary equipment. They are excellent for high-revving engines in small cars and light trucks. All grades are suitable for use in turbocharged engines. They may also be suitable for use in natural gas engines in small cars and light trucks after consulting with the appropriate original equipment manufacturer’s lubrication recommendations.
Note: Always consult your owner’s manual regarding